Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A full day, for a change

I had a pretty full day today, which is not normal. Usually I arise around noon, probably because I am going to bed so damn late. But I was up around 8:30 today cancelling a last minute driving lesson before my test and also my hazard perception test which was meant to be today. Everything went smoothly and I was able to go down to the tennis with my brother. We saw one big name, Lleyton Hewett. We also saw that guy who does the impressions of tennis stars, but I have forgotten his name. He did an impression of Marie Sharapova on request. My brother and I were ducking in and out of the stadium every now and then to have a smoko and to buy food and escape the heat. We finished the day at a pub on the corner of Flinders and Swanston and had a beer. Overall it was really good, my first tennis match ever live. I am even thinking of taking up the sport, or at least some sport to get fit and lose the pot gut. I have been toying with the idea of taking up football, but I might not be strong enough to play that sport. I could train during the day at least, because I have those hours off. There is always the possibility of joining a swim team, but I think I might need to get some lesson to improve my stroke.

Anyway, I am cutting back on my cigarette consumption. I had four tonight after I bought the pack at about 7:30 and it is now 11:30, which means I had about one per hour. That is far better than usual at least. Tomorrow, I think I might try to improve on that and have only one every two or three hours. I just need to find something to occupy myself with and I will be fine. Most of the difficulty I have when it comes to smoking is my sheer boredom during the day when I am not working. If I can find a way to fill time constructively I will be fine. There is a lot to do tomorrow, so I should be ok, hopefully. Smoking for me is an addiction borne, not out of physical necessity but because I am always so damn bored. If I can conquer my boredom, I should be able to cut back successfully and eventually quit.

2 comments:

ohminous_t said...

if brenton can play football you can play football. Or maybe it was the otherway round. Don't go to Asia though, I have been a second hand pack a day smoker for the past two weeks.
Also this blog seems like a journal of you not quitting smoking. Persist tomo persist.

Random Blogger said...

Thanks mate, but persistence can be very difficult to do when trying to quit smoking. Read my latest entry why don't you. It is completely unrelated to quitting smoking.